Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven?
_______________________________________

If the answer is no, click here for a Bible message on how to know for sure you are going to Heaven.


Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Morning Soulwinning in Varaždinske Toplice

I spent the morning witnessing in a nearby town named Varaždinske Toplice (Hot Springs of Varaždin).  This little town is not highly populated but every soul there needs Jesus.
Offering gospel tracts to everyone,  I had quite a few takers today, so more Croatians have a fighting chance to learn the truth about salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.  I was really blessed when one man came back and asked for another tract to give to his friend, and another man stopped his car to find out what everyone was getting from me.

As I walked around the town, I was intrigued by the signs pointing to the Roman ruin excavation site. It is unbelievable to me that I have the privilege to be in places like this standing up for Christ. I followed the signs from "downtown" and within 10 minutes I walked up on 2,000 year old Roman ruins. Wow.

The photos below show some of the ruins (which are covered with a protective canopy) and a couple of artist's depictions of what it might have looked like.

The Romans made bath houses here, taking advantage of the Hot Springs just as the Croatians do today. The area is known for it's healing waters. Hopefully they will heed the gospel message and learn of the living water.

Oddly enough, the old water well is located downtown. I thought it was interesting.









0 comments:

 
Baptist Brethren Top 100
The Fundamental Top 500

IFB1000
The Baptist Top 1000
Bible Top 1000