Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven?
_______________________________________

If the answer is no, click here for a Bible message on how to know for sure you are going to Heaven.


Monday, March 15, 2010

Capitol City Baptist Church! Hallelujah!


My recent visit to Captiol City Baptist Church in Austin was such a great blessing to my heart.  It is great cause for rejoicing.  We gave Austin a good dose of the street ministry and saw many positive responses, not only in the passers-by but also in the participants.  PRAISE GOD.
Here we are catching the early morning rush hour.  God put in my heart to be out in front of the rush hour traffic to give people some Scripture to think about on the way to work.
One lady stopped her car and ran up to me weeping, threw her arms around my neck and thanked me repeatedly for what I was doing.  While choking back her tears she said, "Thank you so much.  This world needs to be saved. Thank you. Thank you." Then she backed away and told me she had to get to work and she was gone.  Try to tell me God's Word isn't powerful!


Jared Williams and I caught the afternoon rush hour traffic at an enormous intersection on the other side of town.  Austin traffic is unbelievable!  Praise the Lord.  Every car is piloted by an eternal soul.

 

 
 
Traffic was non-stop for hours and hours!  With reflective gospel signs, that is no problem.  The light shineth in darkness!

 
 
Saturday afternoon was a big bonanza for the street ministry.  We had 16 people on the street with gospel signs.  It looked like (ministerially speaking) we had half the New Testament available on the corner.  Talk about a blessing for a "street man" like me! Wow!

 
This young lady is filled with SONshine.  What a blessing and encouragement she was.
This young man is a special kind of encouragement.  What we are doing here is not rocket science, but if it was, he would be right at home.
The young lady holding the sign that says, "What shall a man give...", is the pastor's wife.  AMEN!  That's a great encouragement to us all.  She was ecstatic with the opportunity to stand up for Jesus - as were we all.
The man on the very corner is a precious blessing and encouragement.  He is 75 years young!

The traffic was incredible.  Praise the Lord!

Several of our people were out in the median, sharing the Word in every direction.  Thank God for young people who are not afraid to take a stand for Christ.
Even my good friend Robert Williams got into it.  He loved every minute!

Look at the souls heading our way to read the gospel message!

The response from Austin was incredible.  The saved are encouraged and the lost are convicted.  That is the power of the Word of God.  Every participant in this ministry was fired up!  The pastor's young daughter said, "Daddy, I want to do this every week."

I can't help but think of the great old hymn, 
Stand Up Stand Up for Jesus, Ye Soldiers of the Cross. 
Lift High His Royal Banner.  It Must Not Suffer Loss.

Would you be willing to stand up for Jesus?  To bear His name in a public way?
I think of what He did for me, and it helps me to make better decisions about what I am willing to do for Him.

I love the verse, Hebrews 13:13, Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

 Amen!

1 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Wow Bro Sam, that looks like a great time and you had so many helpers too.
Praise the Lord!

 
Baptist Brethren Top 100
The Fundamental Top 500

IFB1000
The Baptist Top 1000
Bible Top 1000