Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven?
_______________________________________

If the answer is no, click here for a Bible message on how to know for sure you are going to Heaven.


Saturday, May 28, 2011

Great day in Dugo Selo

I spent Tuesday this past week in a place called Dugo Selo, about 1-1/2 hours from home. Dugo Selo is a small suburb of the capitol city of Zagreb.  I was able to put gospel tracts in the hands of 400 people that day, including a number of teens from the local high school.

In addition, I stood with gospel signs along the main road through town for rush hour from 3:00 to 5:00 and found out they have a LOT of traffic (Praise God for traffic!). When the police came to see what I was up to they were very gracious, and after concluding their check of my documentation they told me, "Go with God" ("Bogom" as they say over here), and went on their way.

I met a lot of interesting people on this day, including an 80 year old man who was very joyful and testified that he had been saved "by faith" ("vjerom"as they say over here). He saw my gospel sign and could not resist coming over to talk about his salvation. I was overjoyed to hear his testimony and see the joy written on his face.I also met a sweet Bosnian lady who was surprised to learn that you can't be saved by good works and was very interested to receive the tracts so she could learn the truth.

Hopefully it won't be too long and I will be able to carry on a full conversation with these precious people, instead of just a few words here and there.  Thank God I can already understand a lot of what they say if I know the context.


One interesting landmark near this town is this old building on the highest hill around. It dates from the 16th century and the site was once owned by the Templar Knights. According to the posted sign, archaeologists have excavated graves nearby dating from the 13th century.










0 comments:

 
Baptist Brethren Top 100
The Fundamental Top 500

IFB1000
The Baptist Top 1000
Bible Top 1000