Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven?
_______________________________________

If the answer is no, click here for a Bible message on how to know for sure you are going to Heaven.


Monday, May 9, 2011

Big blessing in a small package



Halfway through the second hour of standing for Christ during peak traffic time today, I received a big, unexpected blessing in a small package.
As I was holding signs that read, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" and "Where will you spend eternity?", a car did a u-turn in front of me and pulled over to the curb. As the window rolled down a young lady began speaking to me in Croatian. As I was explaining that I am still learning the language and could not understand everything she said, a big voice from the other side of the car exclaimed in English, but with the thick Croatian accent that I dearly love, "We are brothers!" Then, the young lady handed me an ice-cold Coca-Cola they had apparently just purchased for me.
Obviously, they were a young family of believers who wanted to be a blessing today. For them to see me there, go somewhere to purchase a drink, and return took quite an effort on their part since the place I stand is not easily approached from both directions during peak traffic. They had to be determined to make this happen.  Apparently they had been encouraged by the sight of someone standing for Truth.

I was so blessed. My God is determined to encourage those who will stand for Him. Praise His name.

Another lady had stopped earlier as she was walking by.  She had a lot on her mind that she wanted to communicate and I was able to get Pastor Telebar on the phone to speak with her.  Now they have an appointment for a further discussion.  Who knows what that might lead to?!

I am going to stand a while longer, go a little further, try a little harder, and just see what God will do.

0 comments:

 
Baptist Brethren Top 100
The Fundamental Top 500

IFB1000
The Baptist Top 1000
Bible Top 1000