Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven?
_______________________________________

If the answer is no, click here for a Bible message on how to know for sure you are going to Heaven.


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

He took My Place

Out soulwinning the other day, I took note of this handicap parking sign in Čakovec, Croatia.
The part with the yellow background essentially says,"If you take my place, will you also take my handicap?" Of course it is an appeal to people who are able-bodied to not take the parking places made for the disabled.
Having needed handicap parking myself until just a year or two ago, I can certainly understand the necessity of the appeal.
However, seeing this sign made me think of Someone who did take my place, and also took my infirmity.
When I was lost in sin without hope for heaven, I was made aware of a Saviour, who died on the cross to pay for my sins and rose again with the power to save my eternal soul and give me eternal life. When I placed my faith for heaven in Jesus Christ, He saved my soul and assured me a place in heaven,defeating the infirmity of this body of flesh, conquering sin, death, hell, and the grave.
 
1 Peter 2:24 says, Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
(koji je sâm u svome tijelu grijehe naše ponio na drvo da bismo mi, pošto smo umrli grijesima, pravednosti živjeli; čijim ste modricama ozdravljeni.)

2 Corinthians 5:21 says, For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
(Jer ga je on učinio grijehom za nas, njega koji nije upoznao grijeha, da mi u njemu postanemo pravednost Božja.)

He took my place, He took my infirmity, and He saved my soul.

Glory to His name!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

What a great way to lead into a devotion on the subject. I kinda like that little sign. I'm surprised that they don't have them here in the USA.

 
Baptist Brethren Top 100
The Fundamental Top 500

IFB1000
The Baptist Top 1000
Bible Top 1000