Do you know for sure if you died today that you would go to heaven?
_______________________________________

If the answer is no, click here for a Bible message on how to know for sure you are going to Heaven.


Saturday, October 16, 2010

I am the door (Ja sam vrata)


Soulwinning in Varazdin the other day, this door caught my eye. In addition to its age, I suppose the fact it is all wooden had something to do with drawing my attention.
I noticed the date carved in the arch above the door. It says 1883. This door has been in place for 127 years. It is a custom in Croatia to carve the date above the door, and I have actually seen many that are much older than this one.
As I stood in front of this door, I could not help but think of all the people that have passed through it over the years. What were their lives like? Who were they? Did they have family? Did anyone care for them? Was their life hard? And, most importantly, Did they know Christ as their Saviour? Undoubtedly, thousands have passed through this door over time, but I wonder how many of them received Christ as Saviour?

God's Holy Word quotes Jesus proclaiming, Ï am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
In the language of Croatia the Bible says, Ja sam vrata. Ako tko uđe kroz mene, spasit će se, te će ulaziti i izlaziti i pašu nalaziti.

Jesus is the only way of salvation. We must go through Him in order to go to heaven. No matter what else we do in this life, we have no hope for heaven without Jesus.
How many people went through this door in Varazdin over the past 127 years, only to face an eternity without Christ? They may have had tradition, religion, ritual, custom, church, and even good works. But if they did not have Jesus as their personal Saviour they had no hope for heaven.
Thank God I get to stand here and tell the people of Croatia of the ONE - the only ONE - who has the power to save.  Only Jesus Saves. (Samo Isus spašava.)

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Jer je plaća za grijeh smrt, a dar Božji je život vječni po Isusu Kristu, Gospodinu našemu.)

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
(Isus mu je odgovorio: "Ja sam Put, Istina i Život. Nitko ne dolazi k Ocu, osim po meni.)

Place your faith in Jesus Christ and be saved today. He is the door to eternal life.

0 comments:

 
Baptist Brethren Top 100
The Fundamental Top 500

IFB1000
The Baptist Top 1000
Bible Top 1000